Tuesday, June 12, 2012

To Green or Not to Green

While I would love to pretend that I am a daring cosmetic and nail colour person, the reality is that that couldn't be farther from the truth. Oddly enough I am fairly daring when it comes to more permanent things, such as clothing and hair. Pylon orange coloured jeans...wore them two days ago, shaving half of my hair off like Rhianna's current 'do'...done multiple times, leopard patterned jeans...had to be the first to get them...you get the idea here.

When it comes to my nails I am a orange, red, pale pink and almost black kind of girl. Did I mention orange? Green nails have been in the media the past few summers; 2 years ago it was emerald and jewel toned shades that had magazine editors' raving, while last summer it was kacky and forest green. Neither of which I was daring enough to try. This summer it is mint or sherbet green. I was up for the dare...well kind of!

I have seen girls wearing their nails in this shade and it looks great but I feel out of place with all ten digits, it just isn't 'me'. One mint green nail is all I could swing but I like the outcome and it isn't too childish looking.

OPI 'Mod About You' (pink), China Glaze 'Re-Fresh Mint' (green)

No comments:

Post a Comment