Sunday, April 10, 2011

Labels For Everything

My son likes to carry all his possessions around with him. Wherever he goes (including to bed) he has a train in each hand. Luckily he has never lost any of these 'important' processions since he never lets them out of his sight.  He has lost plenty of other things, books, toy phone, digger, bucket etc..

Labeling is one of the things that I am never sure how far to go with. On one hand I don't want him to loose something and not be able to distinguish it is his, but on the other I don't want to make too much info available to strangers or would-be-perverts.

For around $30.00 at Walmart I was able to pick up a DYMO label maker. It works great. I can now label the bottom of my son's toys, inside shoes, bags and plenty more. (I have chosen to put his first initial and last name, seems safe enough.) I also make labels for file folders, my recipe book, receipt holder, the outside of boxes and plenty more. I am constantly finding uses for it. For $30 I think it is a great way to stay neat and organized.

No comments:

Post a Comment